This year, World Relief Memphis will resettle many refugees and asylees to the area. These families have fled persecution in their home country and are beginning new lives here in the U.S. There are some time-sensitive needs we have for a few of these families as well as ongoing needs. We invite you to join us in welcoming them by meeting these tangible needs.
Our top item needs this fall include:
• Laptops for secondary and post-secondary school readiness and ESL practice (new or gently used)
• Insulated lunch bags and food storage containers for newly working adults
• Adult backpacks for work/school (new or gently used)
• Work boots, adult sizes 7-9 (new or gently used)
• Winter coats, scarves and gloves for adults (new or gently used)
• Lyft or Uber gift cards and MATA passes
• Used, working vehicles and bicycles for transportation to work and nearby services
We accept items at our office on Mondays from 9-4PM or please contact Vaughan Meiss at 901.341.0226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are ongoing needs for apartment set-ups and our Connect Language Center ESL programs. Choose the various kits that you wish to purchase from Amazon and the items will be shipped directly to a new refugee family via our office.
Step 1. Click on the kit or kits you’d like to purchase
Step 2. Add each item in the wish list to your cart
Step 3. Check out as usual, and when it prompts you for a shipping address, make sure to choose World Relief Memphis' Gift Registry Address to have items shipped directly to our office at 3340 Poplar Avenue Suite 222, Memphis, Tennessee 38111
Do you have furniture or household items in your possession that you would like to donate? We accept items at our office on Mondays from 9-4PM. If you will pull around to the back of the building near the box truck, we will be happy to help unload. World Relief can arrange for a pickup of items such as couches, chairs, dining tables, and small shelving units. If you would like to schedule a pickup, please contact Vaughan Meiss at 901.341.0226 or email@example.com. For a list of items needed, see the kit links below.