This year, World Relief Memphis will resettle many refugees and asylees to the area. These families have fled persecution in their home country and are beginning new lives here in the U.S. There are some time-sensitive needs we have for a few of these families as well as ongoing needs. We invite you to join us in welcoming them by meeting these tangible needs. Visit this file for our list of regularly needed items: Welcome Kits
Our top item needs this fall/winter include:
• Laptops for secondary and post-secondary school readiness and adult ESL practice (new or gently used)
• Youth backpacks, school supplies, school uniforms or Walmart/Old Navy gift cards
• Insulated lunch bags and food storage containers for newly working adults
• Adult backpacks for work/school (new or gently used)
• Work boots, adult sizes 7-9 (new or gently used)
• Lyft or Uber gift cards and MATA passes
• Used, working vehicles and bicycles for transportation to work and nearby services
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, donations can be dropped off at our office by appointment. Please call 901-341-0220 or email email@example.com. Amazon Wishlist Donations (below) can be shipped to our office at 5340 Quince Rd, Suite A, Memphis, TN 38119.
There are ongoing needs for apartment set-ups and our ESL programs. Choose the various kits that you wish to purchase from Amazon and the items will be shipped directly to a new refugee family via our office.
Step 1. Click on the kit or kits you’d like to purchase
Step 2. Add each item in the wish list to your cart
Step 3. Check out as usual, and when it prompts you for a shipping address, make sure to choose World Relief Memphis' Gift Registry Address to have items shipped directly to our office at 5340 Quince Rd, Suite A, Memphis, TN 38119.
Do you have furniture or household items in your possession that you would like to donate? World Relief can arrange for a pickup of items such as couches, chairs, dining tables, and small shelving units. If you would like to schedule a pickup, please contact us at 901-341-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of items needed, see the kit links below.